Trouble updating Testiny Server

Hello, I’m trying to upgrade my server instance but after following the sections labeled ‘Docker Compose’ and ‘Docker’ in the docs I still seem to be on 1.26.2 although 1.27.1 was released.

Could I be doing something wrong, or has the docker registry not been updated? I’m looking forwarding to making use of the milestones feature.

Thank you!

1 Answer

1

The docker compose file in the docs uses the “stable” Testiny Server version (not the latest).
We tend to be rather conservative with the stable Testiny Server version, waiting for feedback from clients before labeling a version as stable.
You will see an info message/icon in the main top bar of your Testiny Server when a new stable version is out.

You can also switch to the latest Testiny Server version using the following image:
registry.gitlab.com/testiny/server:latest

Best regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex! Just to confirm in case it was a typo, is the image: registry.gitlab.com/testiny/server:latest ?

–

Ah, sorry, you're absolutely right, I changed it to "latest" in my post.

–

Hi Alex, by any chance what if I wanted to upgrade to a specific version? Is there a way to do that?

–

Sure, you can update to a specific version, just use the version as v1.2.3 instead of latest, e.g http://registry.gitlab.com/testiny/server:v1.26.2 Notice that only "upgrades" are supported, no "downgrades", so make sure to backup your server first!

–