Add default fields to new defect screen

My bug template in Jira includes Environment, Version, etc which I need to fill out for new defects and I’ve found myself having to open the Select fields dropdown and having to select them for each new defect I’ve created.

Is there a way I can add fields from the Select fields dropdown and have them on screen by default every time I create a new defect?

1 Answer

1

Thanks for the feedback!

I understand why this is tedious, I added a feature request to show the last used fields when creating Jira issues to our roadmap.

And I moved this topic to the App Feedback category so other can also vote for this feature.

Best regards,
Alex

Hi Fernando, Can I ask if you added the Reported field as a custom field or if it's coming from Jira itself? Currently, I am facing an issue that if another user reports a bug, in that case the integration user is added as reported.

–

Bisma, you should add this comment to a post that Fernando wrote, otherwise he might not get notified. Thank you! Regarding your question: fields like "author" or "reporter" are typically present in Jira by default, unless you have customized the Jira process.

–