Search for test case by requirement

Is it possible to search for a test case by filtering by the key of the linked requirement (e.g. the issue ID for a linked Jira ticket)? The filter fields presented when filtering test cases doesn’t include requirements as an option, and just searching for the issue ID doesn’t show any results.

1 Answer

1

Hi Ben and welcome to the Testiny forum!

Unfortunately, searching for linked requirements/issues is currently not possible. I added this as a feature request to our backlog.

If anyone else reads this and needs this feature, please leave an upvote or a comment. The more people are interested in such a feature, the sooner we will ship it :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Alex

If you're looking at adding things to the backlog, an easy way to add a series of test cases to a test run based on a list of requirement (or defect) keys would be a great help in the future when we're setting up test runs. An example of this in practice would be: I have a list of 25 Jira issue IDs, which I can provide when adding tests to the test run to add any test cases that are linked to any of those 25 IDs.

–

I added this to the description of the feature reuqest, Ben

–