Two-way integration with Jira

I tried the configurations & now I can see the Jira defects within Testiny. But I cannot access Testiny test cases within Jira defect. It says " Testiny Connect App not connected".
What are the steps to configure this?

2 Answers

2

Hi and welcome to the Testiny forum!

Please, see the Testiny documentation on how to configure the Testiny Jira Connect App:
https://www.testiny.io/docs/integrations/issue-trackers/jira-cloud/#jira-connect-app

If something is unclear in the documentation, please don’t hesitate to ask here again, so we can give you better directions and improve the documentation. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Alex

I installed "Testiny" within Jira. But unable to proceed with configurations with "Jira Connect app" as mentioned in this guide. It asks to "intstall the Jira Connect App on the official Atlassian Marketplace". But when I'm accessing Atlassian Marketplace within my Jira account, I cannot find an app called Jira Connect. Where/how can I access the the screen added in this guide? Expecting a quick response.

–

There's a direct link in the Testiny documentation to it, didn't it work? It should directly bring you to the Testiny Jira app with a "Get it now" button on the page. Here is the link: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1227774/testiny?tab=overview&hosting=cloud And btw: you should seach for "Testiny", not for "Jira" :smile:

–

Just as a follow-up, summing up the steps:

  • install the Testiny app in Jira
  • in Jira → click the “Configure” button for the Testiny app. This should be a direct link, just replace the <instance> with your Jira instance:
    https://<instance>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/ac/io.testiny.jira-app/configure
  • in Testiny, make sure you are organization admin, then go to your “Settings” → “Integrations” → your configured Jira integration (click to edit) and click “Create installation token”
  • now copy that token, go to Jira again and paste it in the configuration page I posted above

Regards,
Alex

At Testiny -> Settings I don't get an option/menu called "Integrations". Are you referring to "API Keys" menu? Anyway I just tried creating a API key and using it in Jira. But then in Jira I'm getting an error as "Failed to configure organization. Unknown install token"

–

Btw you should improve your documentation I feel :smile: It says "Jira Connect App" and it gives the feeling as thats the app name IMO.

–

No, I'm not referring to API keys. If you don't see the "Integrations" settings menu, then you apparently are not an admin in this organization -> your organization admin needs to set up the integration, sorry!

–

Got this sorted out. I have been logged in using a normal user account & didn't notice it. Thanks for the info

–

One more concern. When adding a test case we can add the Title but we cannot add a description. Since only 200 characters are allowed in Title field, it will not be enough to describe some of the test cases. I think we can have a custom field with multi line text type for this purpose. Is there any other better way to handle this?

–