Test case references a feature request ticket in Jira

Hello,

I have been checking Jira integration of Testiny and just wanted to give a feedback here. I guess currently you can only link defects to a test case. But it would be also good to link a feature request to a Testiny test case.

So imagine that you have a ticket that you want to test, and you want to create test cases for it on Testiny so that you have a better visibility of the test cases you have created for this specific ticket. (Like TestRail doing it with reference to jira ticket number)

Currently as a workaround I can add it to “Defects” section and I have the reference to that ticket. However it would be maybe better to have it in another section rather than “Defects”.

Best,
Mustafa

2 Answers

2

Hi,

Actually, you can also link requirements to test cases, you just need to enable requirements in the Jira integration configuration. See following section in the Testiny Docs for more info:
https://www.testiny.io/docs/test-management/test-cases/details/#defects--requirements

Thanks for your feedback!

Best Regards,
Alex

Hey Alex, that’s cool! Thanks a lot for the hint.

Best,
Mustafa